Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Happy Father's Day (A Little Late)


Where Is My Daddy?
A Poem from your baby girl, Gracelyn Mae

Where is my daddy?
Here comes the morning sun
I cry out
He runs my way
Seeing him is fun

Where is my daddy?
He’s off to work till three
But when he returns
I’ll soon learn
There’s no where else he’d rather be

Where is my daddy?
Now it’s time to play
He sings me silly songs
Showers me with kisses
“You’re the best,” he’ll say

Where is my daddy?
He’s at my mommy’s side
Holding her closely
Speaking words so sweetly
His love, it will abide

Where is my daddy?
He’s praying to his Savior
Lifting up his family
Each one of us by name
Seeking God’s good favor

Where is my daddy?
He will never, never leave me
Of this I am so sure
Until God calls him home
Safely in his arms I’ll be
Trent:
I love you and think you are the best husband and father in the world. Thank you for loving us so deeply and leading our family in faith. You make us laugh all the time and I am so grateful for you!

To my daddy:
Thank you for being a Godly example throughout my life. You have left a legacy of faith that we pray will continue for many generations. I have never doubted your love for me and for mom which brought me much security. I hope you know how much I love you. I look forward to seeing you again soon and cherishing all of our time together. I am so thankful for you! I love you, daddy.
To another very influential father:
I can't acknowledge Father's day without mentioning my deep gratitude for Tim Willhite, my husband's deceased father. Although I don't know him personally, his legacy of integrity and conviction for the Father has endured. Trent has followed in his footsteps by becoming a man that resembles his father's heart. Living a good life is never done in vain and Tim, your Godly testimony has survived. Thank you God for my father-in-law.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

great post Mindy! very touching.

hey not sure if you seen my question on the other post, but i was wondering if you could tell me where your friend got that bear at? i am really thinking something like that might help micah out. thanks.

Trent and Mindy said...

Mindy, I want you to know I'm so in love with you and our little girl. I don't know anyone as blessed as I am. Should anyone be able to be loved by such an amazing woman and get to be dad to such a wonderful baby girl? What a gift from THE FATHER you and Gracelyn are. I love you!!!

Piggy said...

Wow! You made your mother cry! And at work! What a great post that gives glory to the Father who has made all this possible.

How sweet to hear your love for the men in your life. They are so important, all of them and you and Gracelyn (me as well) are blessed by all of them.

(I still think you should have become a writer. You have such a way with words and conveying your message. Thanks for sharing your heart with all of us.)
I love you, mom (aka Piggy)

Katelyn said...

AHAHAHAHAHAHHHHHHH
i am so glaf you found me and that you have a blog and that you have a baby and that you are so happy and that you look fabulous!!!!

ok i am going to have to go catch up on the last 3 years of your life on your blog but i am so happy to find you!

we are moving to st louis in august i have no idea if that you close to where you are but at any rate it is in the same state and we will have to get together some time!
k!
i have to go read the rest of your blog now!
email me at katelynvanderpool@gmail and i will send you a link to our blog!
love you!
you made my day!
give that adorable sweet baby girl a kiss for me!

Joni said...

LOVE IT!!! That was soooo precious!! That makes me love Trent too, oh wait i already do!