Saturday, May 30, 2009

Gracelyn is one month old!

Our sweet Gracelyn Mae turned one month old yesterday. Trent and I can see drastic changes in her this week, especially in her size. It seems like she grew overnight and has now outgrown two newborn outfits, her newborn diapers and is starting to hold her head up more and more. Her growth was even more pronounced when we visited our friend, Callie, in the hospital who had just delivered Ambrey, her 6 lb 3 oz baby. Callie was in the room right next door to our room in the hospital so there was so many sweet memories as we set our eyes on it again.

Gracelyn also smiled at me this week. On Sunday, when she finished nursing, she was quite content and was intently looking at me while I talked to her about just how crazy I am about her and there it was...a sweet, momentary all-out smile. What a precious moment that I would guess every parent holds dear. I can tell she is on the brink of cooing, she often looks like she has so much to say but just can't seem to make her voice work.

On her one month birthday, we ate Chinese with Aunt Monica, Hope, Emma and Kado. We also got her a new toy. It's an infant to toddler rocker seat. I love it and she seemed very content in it today. I have been desperate to find a place where she can sleep well and be somewhat entertained at such a young age. But I am not very keen about the idea of buying items that she will only use for such a short time. She will be able to use this rocker for a couple years and right now the vibration provides the perfect soothing environment for a nap.

Just wanted to mention a couple more of my favorite things that she does these days for my sake. I am so quick to forget. Whenever Gracelyn gets hungry and is sitting upright against someone's chest, she will begin to peck with mouth open. We affectionately call her "woody woodpecker." And if she is in just the right position she will start to suck on the neck or arm of whoever is holding her, most often her daddy. Watch for hickies on Trent's neck! I love how she cuddles me each and every time I have the privilege to put her to sleep. I absolutely love her belly button...it smiles! I love how she looks in a little T-shirt. I am so excited to see how long her hair is in the back...I think we could try out piggy tails one day soon. And as her Aunt Monica pointed out the first time she met Gracelyn, our baby girl has beautiful eyebrows.

One last thing...I wanted to give a warm shout out to my awesome husband. One morning this week, I was a zombie in tears realizing that I was desperately in need of some unbroken sleep that would last more than an hour at a time. Trent was so quick to volunteer more of his help during the night so for the past couple nights, he has been up to change her every nightly diaper and bring her to me to nurse. He even tried to get her back to sleep in the crib which is a huge feat. And even though it will take a little more practice for him to master, I am so appreciative to have a husband who shares in the joys and responsibilities of caring for our little one. I love you, T. God has blessed me so richly!

Below are some pictures and video of the above mentioned things for your viewing pleasure!


















7 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh my goodness, she looks as big as Micah and he just turned 1! she is so cute though and I loved reading your post. brought back some memories of nursing and i miss it so much. i am just amazed at her dark hair and how much she has!
can't wait to see you guys and i am hoping it is soon, although i know it will probably be at least another 3 weeks before we could even begin to plan a trip up there. can't wait though.

Big Papa said...

So, so fun! Thanks for posting the pics and videos. We love it!
Auntie Monica and the gang

Big Papa said...

Gracie needs to have a shirt that says, "I'm the cutest little baby on EARTH!"
Love,
Emma

Libby said...

All that hair!! She's just so pretty, Mindy...I hope you get some sleep in the coming weeks, I know it can be hard but pretty soon, you'll be sleeping through the night! And what a great hubby to help you...Kyle's pretty good about that too, we are blessed, huh?

Piggy said...

Great pics and videos. Love it. Just ready for Skype and seeing "live." I sure miss her and am ready to give that girl a kiss from her Piggy. Love you posts. Keep them coming. I crave all the info about her and you and Trent and all the pics and videos. They help shorten the miles a bit.
Love, Piggy

Piggy said...

BTW, the closet is almost finished. Painting done, one side of the shelves and rod...done and only a few more little things to do and we start moving clothes into place. I will put the web cam on the laptop and let you see it soon. love you, mom

Joni said...

I can not believe she is already 1 month!! Precious Gracelyn!!! BTW HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!